Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rapper Lil Boosie Released From Prison


Lil Boosie, whose real name is Torrence Hatch, was reportedly released from a Louisiana State Penitentiary, where he has been since 2009, after he was charged with third degree possession of Marijuana. While the rapper was set to be behind bars for another four years, he was released on March 5, and will be on parole until 2018. Boosie is no stranger to legal battles. After his initial arrest in 2009, he was allegedly caught trying to smuggle drugs into jail, which upped his time behind bars from four years to 13. However, his team was ready to fight the charges, claiming that a drug ring had set him up. 
 In 2010, he was accused of murdering Terry Boyd, but he plead not-guilty and in 2012, was found innocent. After years of back and fourth, it was reported that he would be free in August 2014, but that his brother (who is also his manager) was pushing for February 2014. Well, it didn’t work for February, but what’s a few more days into March? Boosie Has Written ’500 Songs’ 
In Prison In 2013, Boosie spoke with Spin magazine (they sent him questions and he responded via mail) about his time in prison, and how when he got out, his music would be better than ever. “I’ve coped by knowing in my heart that I’m someone special who many people love,” he told the mag. “If you lose hope in yourself, you’ll make your time hard. I always felt that my mission wasn’t complete. I feel I haven’t reached the star power that was destined for me. That makes me keep writing and thinking of ways to better myself as a man and artist. When it feels like the world is on my shoulders, I look at my pictures from when I was free and it gives hope and determination to pushing.” One of the thing he hopes — that his music helps the younger audience, since he has three kids of his own. “The state painted my music wrong,” Boosie said. “My music is violent, but not all of it. I have songs about God, my kids, and telling other people’s kids to chill out and go to school and do right. My violent music helps most kids avoid that street life because it scares them. My fans aren’t blind to the consequences.” And now that he’s a free man, we can expect new music very soon! “I have about 500 songs at the moment. I’m ready to get in the studio with the best producers. I feel that I’m making the best music I’ve ever made,” he said. “The more I go through in life the better my music gets and it’s been crazy the last three years. I keep my music heartfelt and stick to making real music. I wouldn’t even say it’s hip-hop music. My music is ‘reality rap.’ Hip-hop music can make you dance and bob your head, but it can’t make you cry or touch your heart like reality rap.”

No comments:

Post a Comment